Instagram

Translate

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Untitled

I was looking for "Asian values" files and found this old pic. Anwar Ibrahim is one of  the prominent proponents of Asian Values besides Mahatir and ex Singapore's PM Lee Kwan Yeuw. I was wondering whether he still has the same view about Asian values which once had been an international debates after his ex best friend Mahatir Muhammad brought the issue globally defending them from the western values.

Anyway,,this Asian values thingy brings me over some old memories when I was in Australia. I remembered, my lecturer Prof. Anthony Langlois also discussed this in a class I joined couple years ago. Even, I made an essay about it. Thanks to Langlois who introduced me to the wide spectrum of human rights, universalism, cultural relativism, and cosmopolitanism. um.I feel kind of wanting to reread his book.....

No comments:

Post a Comment