Instagram

Translate

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Google, China, and Me

This story reported by Dailymail below is very true. I experienced this annoying thing when I was in China last week. It's difficult for me to access gmail, twitter, and blogspot. I was angry because I couldnt update my blog and twitter post. I already knew the difficulties to access my gmail/twiiter/blogspot account is not their fault  but it is related to the Chinese government trying to block those website from public. They are afraid the Middle east uprising would be copied in China.
Luckily, yahoo account is not blocked. So, during my one week China's trip, I sent the update through my yahoo account which previously been set up  to deliver my blogspot and twitter update.
Chinese government blamed after millions in country are unable to access Gmail accounts | Mail Online
Chinese government blamed after millions in country are unable to access Gmail accounts
 21st March 2011

Google have accused the Chinese government of interfering with its e-mail services in China, making it difficult for users to gain access to its Gmail program.

The claims come amid an intensified Internet crackdown following widespread unrest in the Middle East by the Chinese government.

Google said its engineers have determined there are no technical problems with the e-mail service or its main website.

No comments:

Post a Comment